Make some noise for the Audio Club

Students+recording+and+practicing+in+one+of+the+sound+proof+rooms+that+the+audio+club+uses.+

Photo provided by: Jeremy Marine

Students recording and practicing in one of the sound proof rooms that the audio club uses.

Marcela Maya Escalona, Podcast Editor

The start of the school year is one of the most important times for both new students and clubs, one of them being the Audio Club. Sponsored by audio production teacher Jesse Rosales, the club meets every Friday after school from 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. in room 6-225. Their goal is to lend a hand for events where audio is needed and act as a place where students can express themselves creatively.
“Audio is everywhere nowadays, especially around school, for example T.V. Production classes, stadiums, even the band sometimes needs audio,” senior and club president Jeremy (Thorne) Marine said. “The idea behind the club was that if it was created, we could help the school save money on events, such as homecoming, and help students perform better.”
The club is open to anyone and everyone interested in editing or creating audio, especially music and podcasts.
“Definitely the most interesting part of the club is the podcast we’re starting,” sophomore and vice president of the club Gray Jaho said. “I’m really excited to see how it turns out.”
The club’s main objective is to help on campus as much as possible when it comes to anything involving audio, such as music. They are already planning on helping with the homecoming dance with the playlist and DJ-ing the event as well.
“Eventually, we kind of want to take over any audio needs from the school, whether it’s the homecoming dance, pep rallies, or even events happening out on the green; things that we can do with the resources that we have,” Rosales said. “We ultimately want to be the ‘go-to’ people for any audio needs on campus and maybe even further than that.”
The club also wants t to help students improve and grow skills in the audio industry outside of the classroom.
“I really want to get better at editing audio and I want to teach others how to be proficient in editing it,” Jaho said.
Ultimately, this club opens doors to students who are interested in this field and want to give it a go, even if they are not sure about it.
“The cool thing about this stuff is that it’s new, so everyone is fresh to it,” Rosales said. “So if you have an interest at all, whether it’s just watching people record, playing and recording an instrument, sitting behind the boards and absorbing information, or even just being in a cool environment where you get to feel like you’re having a good time and get to do something cool, then come on in and don’t be afraid to join us.”