Familiar Faces of The Internet in Orlando- Playlist Live 2015

My+very+talented+good+friend+Jack+Dodge+posed+for+a+picture+on+the+first+day+of+Playlist.+Dodge+was+invited+as+a+creator+of+YouTube+to+attend+the+event+from+San+Diego%2C+CA.+
My very talented good friend Jack Dodge posed for a picture on the first day of Playlist. Dodge was invited as a creator of YouTube to attend the event from San Diego, CA.

Rafy Evans, Social Media Coordinator

When the YouTube community gathers in one city for a weekend filled with knowledge and entertainment, there is constant running through the hotel lobby, screams heard from the 28th floor of the Marriott World Center, and thousands of pictures and videos being taken. On Feb. 6, crowds rushed into the Marriott Convention Center within the hotel to register for the most popular YouTube convention on the East Coast. Thousands of viewers and creators gathered for a weekend of celebrating YouTube and the extreme growth the website has received over the past few years.

I was lucky enough to spend my 18th birthday attending Playlist Live Orlando 2015 after having an amazing experience at Playlist Live 2014. This year, I spent the weekend with my closest friends, some of which I have met through the social media community, in order to celebrate YouTube. We attended panels where famous YouTubers spoke about their experiences with filming and creative ways to turn what used to just be a hobby into a profession. Without surprise, mobs of screaming girls lost control over some of their favorite faces on the Internet, but creators smiled for pictures with every viewer that stopped them.

This year, the presence of other social media outlets was too strong to be ignored. Familiar faces from Vine, Tumblr, and Instagram could be found in and around Playlist Live. One of my biggest “fangirl” moments of the weekend was meeting Zachary Piona, a Viner with more than 1.9 million followers. We took a quick picture together before he jumped in a taxi headed for Downtown Disney, which was a popular break spot from the convention. I had the pleasure of meeting my some of my favorite YouTubers Josh Sobo, Joey Gatto, Arden Rose, Stephen (Stephen_NJ), and Josh Chomik (thecomputernerd01) as well.

There was minimal sleep for all in attendance during the three days of Playlist Live, but the hours spent awake were packed with laughs and smiles. It is definitely an experience that a fan of YouTube or the Internet in general needs to have. The creative atmosphere is refreshing and infectious. Leaving Playlist Live will make anyone want to start a YouTube channel and honestly, I think it is a really smart idea.

I had the pleasure of meeting YouTuber Sam Fazz at Playlist Live. Fazz makes videos ranging from beauty to motivation videos.

Zachary Piona is one of the most popular and most recognizable faces on Vine. He is known for making hilarious vines in his car and for having teeth that are not actually that big in real life.

Josh Sobo is by far my favorite YouTuber and social media influence. He makes videos and blogs about college and photography and it was a pleasure to see him again this year.