Cynthia Daniel

Mrs. Cynthia Daniel works on her computer in her office in Building 1. Daniel assists faculty and staff with appointment scheduling and paperwork.

Photo provided by: Olivia Carter

Photo provided by: Olivia Carter

Olivia Carter, Print Editor-in-Chief

One of the newest Patriots joining the faculty for the 2017-2018 school year is Cynthia Daniel. Although new to the school, Mrs. Daniel knows one of Lake Brantley’s own, Dr. Trent Daniel, quite well. Ironically, the two are not related despite sharing the same last name. Mrs. Daniel currently serves as Dr. Daniel’s secretary and takes on everything from appointment scheduling to insurance information for faculty and staff. After working together for five years at Oviedo High School, the two have developed a great relationship which allows them to work together in order to make Lake Brantley the school it is.

“The thing I enjoy most about working with [Mrs. Daniel] is that her whole philosophy is to nurture and help people, and that’s what I believe in as an educator,” principal Dr. Daniel said. “She actually rearranged her office so that when people come in she can assist them more easily. It’s just who she is. She’s a good person.”

Outside of school, Mrs. Daniel enjoys spending time with her husband of 42 years and her grandchildren. In particular, the family loves to take weekly trips to Walt Disney World with their beloved annual passes. They are also looking to go on an adventure next summer and are currently in the process of planning a family trip to Hawaii. Within school, Mrs. Daniel enjoys interacting with all aspects of the student body and loves getting to know teachers and students alike. Although she is still learning the ropes of Lake Brantley, Mrs. Daniel is glad she has become a Patriot.

“You can only be at a place so much and make a difference,” Daniel said. “So, I decided I wanted to come help Dr. Daniel and warm [Lake Brantley] up. I love the kids and I love the teachers. I want them to talk with me; I’m a people person.”

About the Contributor
Olivia Carter, Print Editor-in-Chief
Olivia Carter is the Brantley Banner’s Print Editor-in-Chief and is beyond excited to cover LB’s most exciting events. Her love for writing started early, but it truly flourished and came to life in Mrs. Jucker’s freshman English class. From there, her older sister, Kailey, introduced her to the idea of joining the Brantley Banner staff....