Audra Greuel

Audra Greuel teaches her English 4: Florida College Prep from her desk in classroom 7-111 on Thursday September 21. Greuel teaches four periods of English 4: Florida College Prep.

Photo provided by: Anna Wesley

Anna Wesley, Staff Reporter

There are many new teachers this year including English teacher Audra Greuel. Greuel teaches English 2 Honors, English 2 Standard, and English 4: Florida College Prep. Her colorful classroom is located in Building 7 downstairs, room 7-111.

This is Greuel’s first year teaching at a high school. Last year she was an intern at a middle school and before that she has substituted at other high schools. Greuel has enjoyed her time here so far because of the bond between teachers and staff members here.

“I feel really supported here as far as our teacher community goes,” Greuel said. “The kids are basically respectful.”

While Greuel enjoys teaching here, her students enjoy learning from her. They participate in activities that involve comprehending and explaining text.

“We’re reading short stories at the moment,” sophomore Russell Avellanosa said. “We were analyzing and talking about the theme of a short story we read a couple days ago, There Will Come Softer Rains.”

History was one of Greuel’s favorite subjects along with English. She was partly inspired to teach by her grade school history teacher.

“She was very funny and light hearted,” Greuel said. “I think that’s where I get all my teaching vibes from.”

So far, Greuel loves being here. She has many exciting things to look forward to this year, including Senior graduation.

“I’m really excited for my seniors to walk at graduation,” Greuel said. “That’s been in my head most of all is how excited they’ll be when they finally cross that stage at the end of the year.”

Greuel is also interested in non-academic school activities that are popular in high school. These include everything from clubs to sports.

“I will definitely be at the football games,” Greuel said. “Other sports and clubs and activities I would love to go to [also].”