Fall Out Boy concert review

On Nov. 5 American rock band “Fall Out Boy” plays their hit songs on stage in the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida. They are performing “Centuries” which reached the Top Ten list on Billboard Music Charts in 2014, the year of it’s release.

Photo provided by: Sabrina Bonadio

Photo provided by: Sabrina Bonadio

Sabrina Bonadio, Reporter

On Nov. 5 American rock band “Fall Out Boy” performed at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.  The “M A N I A” Tour began on Sept. 16, promoting the highly anticipated release of the group’s seventh studio album, “Mania”, set to be released in January of 2018.

Hip-hop artist Blackbear, the opening performer, hyped up the crowd before the show by playing some of his hit singles including “Do Re Mi” and “4U”. Following his performance, the lights dimmed and the crowd hushed in anticipation as a 30-second timer appeared on the stage. Fans began to scream and count down with the timer.

As the timer reached zero, lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist Patrick Stump rose from below the stage below followed by Pete Wentz the bassist, Joe Trohman the lead guitarist, and Andy Hurley the drummer, immediately sending a rush of excitement through the crowd. The group performed one of their hit singles, “The Phoenix” to commence the show. Fans, including myself, belted out lyrics to every song and danced in front of their seats for the rest of the night.

The band performed newly released songs like “Young and Menace” and “Champion” alongside old fan favorites such as “Thnks Fr Th Mmrs” and “Sugar, We’re Goin Down”. These songs gave both new and old fans an opportunity to enjoy the amazing performance.

The night’s performance featured many exciting parts. This includes a hardcore drum solo by Hurley including songs like “Humble” by Kendrick Lamar and “XO Tour Llif3” by Lil Uzi Vert and an appearance by the infamous llamas from the “Young and Menace” music video, and even “Fall Out Boy” merchandise falling from the ceiling. All of this made it so the concert was definitely a night that fans will never forget. It was a night full of beautiful music and amazing memories.

Overall the night was amazing and it was obvious that the band put their heart into everything that they performed. The band wanted to give their fans the best experience possible and that was definitely accomplished.

About the Contributor
Sabrina Bonadio, Entertainment and Graphic Design Editor

Sabrina Bonadio is a junior and the Graphic Design and Entertainment Editor on the Brantley Banner staff. She loves writing and designing and hopes to further her skills in both as well as form new relationships with other students around the school. In her spare time she enjoys playing around with Photoshop, watching The Office, and hanging out with her semi-cool friends. She participates in Interact Club, Film Club, Patriot Pride’s Yearbook, English National Honors Society, Business Professionals of America, Beta Club, and Odyssey of the Mind. She wants to eventually move to Italy after college and learn more about her origins and the Italian culture. She is bilingual, speaking both Portuguese and English, but wants to learn more languages as she wanders around Italy and Spain.