Speed Dating in AP Human Geography

Students in Carrie Foster’s AP Human Geography “speed date” while learning about their classmates’ assigned farming type. Each student was given a farming style to research and was expected to come to class with a poster about that farming style.

Photo provided by: Anna Wesley

Photo provided by: Anna Wesley

Anna Wesley, Staff Reporter

In Carrie Foster’s AP Human Geography class, students complete a project that she calls Farmers Only Speed Dating on January 16th. Each person was assigned a style of farming and told to design a poster about their farming. Then, they are partnered up to learn about the other types of farming. “Each student specializes in one area of farming. By speed dating they get to teach it to each other and then also try to figure out who they’re the most compatible with by farming method, land, and climate type,” Foster said. They switch partners every few minutes, hence the term “speed dating.”

Photo provided by: Cara Roth
Freshman Nathan Lee dresses up as a pastoral nomad for extra credit in Carrie Foster’s class on Jan 16th. Foster assigned Lee pastoral nomadism to research and write about but dressing up is not mandatory.

About the Contributors
Anna Wesley, Reporter
Anna Wesley is a first year staff member for the Brantley Banner. She is a sophomore and is a part of Sunshine club, Mu Alpha Theta and National Honors Society. Anna was part of yearbook staff at Rock Lake Middle School and knew she wanted to a part of something similar in high school. She...
Cara Roth, Reporter
Cara Roth is a member of The Brantley Banner staff for her first year and is incredibly excited for the time ahead. She hopes to hold an editor position and to continue making contributions towards making the paper even better in the future. Cara is a member of the Future Educators of America Club, the...