Speed Dating in AP Human Geography

Students in Carrie Foster’s AP Human Geography “speed date” while learning about their classmates’ assigned farming type. Each student was given a farming style to research and was expected to come to class with a poster about that farming style.

Photo provided by: Anna Wesley

Photo provided by: Anna Wesley

Anna Wesley, Staff Reporter

In Carrie Foster’s AP Human Geography class, students complete a project that she calls Farmers Only Speed Dating on January 16th. Each person was assigned a style of farming and told to design a poster about their farming. Then, they are partnered up to learn about the other types of farming. “Each student specializes in one area of farming. By speed dating they get to teach it to each other and then also try to figure out who they’re the most compatible with by farming method, land, and climate type,” Foster said. They switch partners every few minutes, hence the term “speed dating.”

Photo provided by: Cara Roth
Freshman Nathan Lee dresses up as a pastoral nomad for extra credit in Carrie Foster’s class on Jan 16th. Foster assigned Lee pastoral nomadism to research and write about but dressing up is not mandatory.

About the Contributors
Anna Wesley, Photo Editor
Anna Wesley is a second year staff member for The Brantley Banner. She is Photo Editor for the 2018-2019 school year. Anna is excited for this role because she has a passion for photography. She hopes to take wonderful pictures of the people that make Lake Brantley such an amazing school and to help her...
Cara Roth, Multimedia Editor
Junior Cara Roth is a second year staff member and first year Multimedia Editor of The Brantley Banner newspaper. Cara’s passion for writing and journalism inspired her to join staff and her love for helping those around her inspired her to become an editor. In addition to her work on the newspaper, Cara is also...