Drafting Photo Story

Senior Gabriel Maisonet measures and slices foam in order to build a model house in his 5th period Drafting Class on January 18. “I am making a house out of the 3D model that I designed,” Maisonet said. So far it’s taken me about two weeks.”

Photo provided by: Anisa Velazquez

Photo provided by: Anisa Velazquez

Anisa Velazquez, Staff Reporter

Technical Design (Drafting) is a class where students learn about architecture, design, drawing techniques and more. Students design and produce model houses, use 3D printers to bring their carefully designed images to life, and complete assignments with real life applications. During their years as a Drafting student, they have the opportunity to earn college credits and gives them a head start in the engineering world. 

Photo provided by: Anisa Velazquez
Senior Jacob Gillette measures and trims foam to create a 3D housel based on his design in his 5th period Drafting Class on January 18. “I’m cutting out the model to my floor plan to precision,” Gillette said.

About the Writer
Anisa Velazquez, Reporter
Anisa Velazquez is the Features Editor of the Brantley Banner for the 2018-2019 school year. She is a junior who participates in Track and Field as a sprinter, works at Wekiva Island, and babysits. She is also in National Honor Society, English Honor Society and Quill and Scroll. During her free time, she enjoys kayaking,...