LBRA goes to Philadelphia

On the morning of Time Trials, which determines who goes to Semi-Finals, (only the top 12 from Time Trials will proceed), sophomore Mason Walton, junior Brett Feldman, junior Brandon Vick, and junior Logan Turner, who make up LBRA Men’s Junior 4 (J4), sits by their boat,

On the morning of Time Trials, which determines who goes to Semi-Finals, (only the top 12 from Time Trials will proceed), sophomore Mason Walton, junior Brett Feldman, junior Brandon Vick, and junior Logan Turner, who make up LBRA Men’s Junior 4 (J4), sits by their boat, "Perfect Swing." While the temperature at Cooper River Park was 60℉, the constant rain and wind, made the conditions hardly bearable.

Photo provided by: Alex Garofalo

Photo provided by: Alex Garofalo

Alex Garofalo, Copy Editor

Lake Brantley Rowing Association (LBRA) takes a trip up to Philadelphia to participate in the Stotesbury Regatta from May 17, 2018 to May 19, 2018. While they did not place in their events, they had the time of their life, with exploring Philadelphia and going sightseeing. Some places they visited included the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Rocky Balboa Statue, Logan Square and Comic Con Wizard World in Philadelphia.

Photo provided by: Photo provided by: Mrs. Walton
LBRA rowers and coxswains gather in front of the legendary Rocky Balboa statue for a team photo. The statue is located to the right of the base of the Rocky Steps. In fact, these steps lead up to the Philadelphia Museum of Art.