8-24 “Yellow Out” Photo Story

Patriot Pete and Principal Dr. Trent Daniel pose for a photo in front of the crowd displaying their yellow-out gear in order to support B11, a rare form of cancer afflicting Dr. Daniels son, Britton. The football game against Hagerty High Dchool took place on Friday, Aug. 24 on the Tom Storey Field, with the Patriots winning with a score of 35-17.

Photo provided by: Anisa Velazquez

On Friday, Aug. 24, Lake Brantley had a yellow out pep rally in the gym. The yellow theme to the pep rally was created in support of Principal Dr. Trent Daniel’s son, Britton Daniel, who was recently diagnosed with B11. This first pep rally started the year off with exciting performances by freshman and varsity cheer teams, the Sparklers, and the Marching Patriots Drumline. The pep rally also featured appearances from the football team, and the Brantley Boys. An intense tug of war between the different student classes took place. A student vs staff push-up competition soon followed, where the senior football player Nolan Sanders and junior football player Demarcus Brown stole the victory. The pep rally built up school spirit even more for the game against Hagerty High School that evening, which the Patriots won, 35-17.

About the Writers
Miryam Elshaer, Editor in Chief

Miryam Elshaer is a senior and is the Editor-in-Chief of the Brantley Banner. She has felt at home ever since discovering the journalism program at Lake...

Cara Roth, Multimedia Editor

Junior Cara Roth is a second year staff member and first year Multimedia Editor of The Brantley Banner newspaper. Cara’s passion for writing and journalism...

Emily Melanson, Staff Reporter

Emily Melanson is a first-year staff reporter on The Brantley Banner newspaper. Emily has always had a love for writing which sparked her interest in...