Running the Race and Going the Distance- Swimming

Constance Phelan, Editor-In-Chief

Both the Lake Brantley Boys’ Swim Team and the Girls’ Swim Team finished their seasons with representation not only in districts, but also regionals and states. Members of both teams qualified for regionals, and a few even went onto states. The entire girl’s team was not able to qualify for states due to the size of the roster, but they still came out to cheer on their teammates during both the semifinals and finals. Junior Madison Murtagh, sophomore Ashley Arzonico, junior Shannon Hagmaier, sophomore Jhon Moncada, freshman Cole Parnell, and junior Gabe Parnell qualified for individual events at states and sophomore Cameron Claytor, junior Rayne Wilson, sophomore Anna Bruining, and freshman Tyler Maloney qualified for relays. Murtagh placed fifth in both the 200 freestyle and the 500 freestyle and Gabe Parnell tied for fifth in the 200 individual medley.

“It was a lot of fun being able to show other schools and our peers how hard we worked to get where we are. It was really fun,” freshman Katie Noonan said.