Girl’s Varsity Basketball Senior Night

Constance Phelan, Editor-In-Chief

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Senior Elysha Allen tries to tip the ball towards the Patriots during the first quarter of their game on Thursday Jan. 26. The Patriots finished their season with four wins and 18 losses.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Freshman Beth Walls looks for an open teammate to pass the ball to. Walls scored a total of seven points on Senior Night.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Sophomore Jessica Figueroa looks for an opening in Timber Creek’s defense. The Patriots lost their game 24 to 55.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Sophomore Logan Jackson looks to pass the ball during the second quarter. The Patriots played their last regular season game against Timber Creek on Thursday Jan. 26.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
The girls’ Varsity basketball team meets before heading out onto the court at the start of the second half. Five of the team’s players will be graduating this year.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Senior Christina Barrera dribbles down the court and tries to get around Timber Creek’s defense. Lake Brantley’s Varsity cheer team came out to support the girls on their Senior Night.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Senior Alyssa Ridinger dribbles the ball toward the basket during the third quarter. The boy’s Varsity basketball team celebrated their Senior Night the previous day, Jan. 25.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Junior Debbie Medina gets ready to move up the court while sophomore Devon Allen tries to get open. Girl’s basketball celebrated five of their seniors on Jan. 26.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Sophomore Devon Allen looks to get around one of Timber Creek’s defensive players during the third quarter. The girl’s JV team lost to Timber Creek before Varsity played at 7:30 p.m.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Sophomore Logan Jackson takes a free throw shot after being fouled during the third quarter. The Patriots celebrated Senior Night on Jan. 26.

Photo provided by: Constance Phelan
Junior Leah Dunn dribbles towards the basket during the third quarter. Dunn scored six of the team’s 24 points on Senior Night.

The Lake Brantley girls’ Varsity basketball team celebrated their Senior Night on Jan. 26 by facing off against the Timber Creek Wolves. The Patriots lost their game 24 to 55, with freshman Beth Walls scoring seven points and junior Leah Dunn scoring six. The team has five seniors graduating this year including Elysha Allen, Christina Barrera, Raja Gray, Alyssa Ridinger, and Jaxserimar Rosa.

The team started off their game with each of the seniors walking across the court with their families. Afterwards, Coach Karen Szewczyk honored the team’s manager, senior Malik Singh, by letting him walk across the court with the rest of the team.

The Varsity cheerleading team also came out to support the girls after attending the boys’ Senior Night the previous day. This game concluded the Lady Patriots’ season, leaving them with a record of four wins and 18 losses.

“Basketball has always been a huge passion of mine,” Barrera said. “So the fact that I was able to play my favorite sport while hanging out with my friends was really great.”