Photo provided by: Keaton Johnson

Online video games are a great way to keep in touch with friends over long distance.

Staff Pick: Video Games

To me, the best COVID-19 quarantine activity is playing video games. One of the biggest complaints of social distancing and quarantine is that due to the lack of school juxtaposed with increasing limitations on travelling and social areas like restaurants, beaches, gyms, and other areas, students are unable to communicate and socialize with their friends as they normally would on a break from school. How does one remedy this situation? Video games. Through online video games, you can play and communicate with your friends. It may not be face-to-face interaction, but it is a very close substitute and a great way to scratch the social itch that many students may feel in this time of heightened isolation. There are added benefits to playing video games on top of the social interaction as well- unlike a face-time call or normal audio phone call, video games provide an opportunity to socialize with friends while also participating in activities that keep you interested and attentive in the video game itself. Whereas a phone call may go dry after a while, a video game provides an ever-evolving activity that you and multiple friends can work together on. Overall, video games are a great way for students to keep in contact when we may not be able to see each other physically.

Add me on XBOX: OfficerHobo54

The Brantley Banner • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Brantley Banner
$100
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Comments (0)

All The Brantley Banner Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.