TURN IT UP! – Festivals and Tragedy

Photo provided by: Marcela Maya

This podcast covers and discusses events happening in the music industry. From drama between famous artists to thoughts about released albums and songs, there is a wide range of topics being talked about. Hosting the podcast will be senior Marcela Maya who has always been passionate about music and is always listening to music, no matter the genre.

Marcela Maya, Staff Reporter

In this episode, host Marcela Maya gives current updates in the music industry, such as the upcoming ‘When We Were Young’ festival and asks sophomore Madalyn Propst her opinion on this controversial event. She also talks about how the death of famous regional Mexican singer, actor and film producer Vicente Fernandez had an impact on the Hispanic community with senior Matthew Ortega. In addition, she mentions Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny’s song featuring Jhay Cortez ‘DÁKITI’ entering YouTube’s ‘Billion Views Club,’ the soon hiatus of the hip-hop boy band BROCKHAMPTON after they perform at Coachella 2022, and alternative rock band Mother Mother’s new album ‘Inside (Deluxe)’.