Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

What is your favorite Robin Williams movie?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

The end of a downhill battle

Photo provided by: Nairie De Gregory
Traditionally a homecoming game results in a victory for the home team, but that tradition failed to pan out this year. Despite immense efforts from both sides, the patriots walked out with a loss.

After the turmoil faced by the football team this season, their last game on Nov. 3 signified the end of the intense clash between them and their tumultuous season. This game marked the end of the fall football season, and sealed the deal on the team’s consistent losses, with a final defeat from Winter Park, 24-47.

The last pep rally of the year set the tone for the upcoming game, raising immense spirit throughout the student body, as well as shining the spotlight on the football team in hopes of excellence for the night’s game. Their performance was not a show everyone was expecting. The Patriots were down during each quarter and received almost half the points the Wildcats earned. The track record of the season set the standards for how well the team would execute their strategies for the homecoming game.

“It’s been a really rough season for us,” sophomore Luis Latozefsky said. “We really needed to work on tactics to take out our opponents and we failed to do that.”

Some students were of the belief that the team’s poor season had to do with changes in the lineup as well as differences in execution.

“We had so many amazing players last year,” sophomore Mila King said. “They had a lot of discipline and their skill level was really good. I hope they step up their game next year.” 

Despite the game’s results, the school spirit throughout the season never failed to thrive. Students arrived at the game in apparel for a “white lies” theme, which meant white t-shirts with various statements scrawled on them stating a lie that applied to the person wearing it. Fans and players alike hope the next football season will have a tremendous comeback and fortify a new reputation for the Patriots.

“I have a strong feeling we will do better next season,” senior Mitchel Woodrow said.