Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

Is this an effective system for students, teachers, and counselors?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

Kick, score, repeat

Within an exciting season, the girls soccer teams have been able to triumph through hard work and determination, as well as trust in each other.
Photo provided by: Lake Brantley

Marking the end of the fall sports season, the JV and varsity girls soccer team have shown off their skills on the field. With the combination of dedication and teamwork, these girls will be kicking the competition. The aspects that contribute to their gains are their committed practices after school, as well as scrimmage techniques that help them on game days.  Their soccer succession has proved time and time again that determination is the key to achievement, as well as a strong bond of friendship.

The team has immense ambition and energy that makes them capable of winning multiple games. After a loss to Oviedo of 0-3, the girls were able to pick themselves up along the way and put themselves in a sufficient position to win the next game. 

“It’s been the start to a really good season so far,”  sophomore Olivia Mcgee said. “Our training is really effective and the hard work definitely pays off on the field. We won 2-0 against Apopka High School on Monday, December 11. I’ve been doing really well this season and even assisted in scoring both goals that game.” 

A crucial aspect of soccer is technique and mindset, and the way you execute it. Mastering the way of the ball and focusing on the dynamic of the sport, as well as enhancing mechanical tactics to beat the opponent facilitates the wins that have happened in the past week.

“Being in soccer is a big accomplishment, especially since it’s my first time playing,” freshman Dasia Gibbs said.“The team is really sweet and they play a big role in motivating others, as well as me. I consider myself a good runner so that also helps me during my time on the field.” 

The girls’ bond and the team itself are the main factors in securing goals and excelling in their performance, no matter their position in a game. 

“My past experience is responsible for where I am now,” sophomore Gabriella Sloane said. “Being in a club helps me work on my skills so I can be prepared for the actual soccer season.”

Passing, scoring and defending all make up the final result for success and satisfaction within the team. The girls soccer teams have been facilitating achievements throughout the season, and by the looks of their performance will continue to do so.