Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

What is your favorite golf club to use?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

Star Steppers pave the way in the Winter Parade

Photo provided by: @lbhs_step on instagram
Posted on the Star Steppers’ instagram on December 14th, 2023. The award was presented in response to the impressive performance.

The Star Steppers attended and performed at the Longwood Christmas Parade on Dec. 2nd. As families from Longwood lined the sidewalks, the Star Steppers gave it their all and performed wonderfully. All the way down Ronald Reagan Boulevard, the step team showed what hard work and practice can do. 

This performance was extra special to the steppers as it marked nearly a year since they were awarded the “Best Walking Performance” of Longwood’s 2022 Christmas Parade. Nerves were high as they prepared for the show, knowing that they would have to bring their all in order to hang onto their title. 

“We usually run first and then stretch,” sophomore Carlyssa Gantt said. “After that, we will go review our steps, strolls, and chants. Then we teach new stuff.” 

Rehearsals are essential to the obvious success of the Star Steppers. Not only did they bring a smile to spectators’ faces, but they also were recognized as the City of Longwood Christmas Parade’s Best Walking Performance Group. This feat was accomplished due to many factors including determination, the teacher sponsor Ms. Lacarte, and the connection between all of the members.

“The step team gives me a place where I can be myself and enjoy time with fun people, ” junior Heaven Barfield said. 

As the Star Steppers marched down the parade route, they had a variety of walks and chants. Walking alongside floats, unique cars and different bands, the Star Steppers caught the eyes of everyone in attendance. They stopped part of the way through to perform their step routine for judges. This aspect of the parade made for a great show. 

“My favorite part was when we stopped and performed our steps,” sophomore Julia Bell said. “It was especially fun when the crowd cheered us on and it was also cool to see all of the other creative Christmas floats.”

Overall, the City of Longwood Christmas Parade was a great opportunity for the step team to show off the incredible work they have put in throughout the year. This performance, just like any other performance they have done, blew spectators away and was exactly what they needed in order to maintain their title, as they were crowned “Best Walking Performance” for the second year in a row. Now all that is left to do is sit back and wait for the “three-peat” in 2024.