Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

What is your opinion on the Best and Brightest Teacher Scholarship?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior week: a bittersweet end to an era
Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

April 30, 2024

Celebrating the honored graduates

Celebrating the honored graduates

April 12, 2024

Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

Photo provided by: Sloan Marcelle Photography
    The girls varsity lacrosse team poses for their group photo.

The girls lacrosse season started earlier this year and while their record may not be unbreakable, their team is. They are currently still in the middle of their competitive season and sit at a record of six wins and seven losses, mainly due to injuries with some of their best players. Even through the rocky start they keep a smile on their faces and bring a positivity to their games that is unrivaled by any other team. They focus a lot on team bonding, which keeps their spirits high even through their losses. 

“Being part of a team is so fun. Everyone is very supportive and is always trying to get better,” said senior Isabel Briscoe-Brun.

The group frequently goes on excursions that further strengthen their bond. They realize that while practice is important, being good friends can improve their mentality and their score. The season this year may not be a win streak but you wouldn’t know it going up to talk to them about it. Even with the injuries on the team they have pulled off some impressive wins. Their double overtime win against East Ridge High School was a highlight of the season.

“The team has made me feel so welcomed, and right into it, it felt like a family,” said junior Talia Forget.

This year the seniors feel closer as a team than ever, and are leaving behind a supportive environment for underclassmen who will continue the positivity for years to come. They also have a tradition of team dinners, which is just another way of staying close to each other.

“At one of the team dinners Marley and I made our own versions of the hot chip challenge and gave it to our teammates,” said sophomore Alana Taylor.

These team dinners keep them close as a team and present a relaxed environment for everyone to feel welcome. Team dinners keep everyone together after games and help boost morale even with a loss. All of these different activities outside of the field keep each member engaged and closer than any team on and off the field.