Graduating in the Bounce House

The+graduation+ceremony+is+officially+scheduled+to+begin+on+May+24%2C+2021+at+9%3A00am%2C+celebrating+the+seniors+who+are+a+part+of+the+high+school+class+of+2021.+

Photo provided by: Julia Moon

The graduation ceremony is officially scheduled to begin on May 24, 2021 at 9:00am, celebrating the seniors who are a part of the high school class of 2021.

Julia Moon, News Editor

The graduating class of 2021 will now be able to attend the 2021 Commencement Ceremony without the limit of a two-ticket maximum or the need of a secondary event. Previous to the announcement of the final plans for this event, the ceremony would have originally been held at the Tom Storey Field stadium as a multiple event celebration in order to host all graduates and additional attendees.

In respect to current COVID-19 precautions and safety measures, the University of Central Florida (UCF) and Seminole County Public Schools finalized an agreement on Mar. 3 to change the Commencement Ceremony venue from Tom Storey Field to the Bounce House, UCF Knights’ home American football stadium. 

“I am slightly concerned with the ticket situation, as I have a large family and they all want to attend, but they haven’t released the new ticket numbers yet so we’ll just have to see,” senior Jordana Sklon said. “I do think a larger venue is a good idea though, as it will help spread out the attendees and hopefully prevent as much potential COVID-19 spread as possible. I personally really appreciate the effort they’re putting in to make graduation as best as it can be.”

Given that the Bounce House is a much larger outdoor location than the original location, graduates will be able to invite more than two people to graduation and be able to graduate with the entire graduating class. The graduation ceremony is officially scheduled to begin on May 24, 2021 at 9:00am, celebrating the seniors who are a part of the high school class of 2021. 

“I am very happy that our venue got changed to the UCF Bounce House,” senior Amirah Alnuzhah said. “Since COVID hit, senior year hasn’t really been the same and with an actual graduation it makes us seniors feel better about the whole situation. As long as we are being safe and follow COVID protocols I think we will be okay.”