Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

What is your favorite Disney movie that's come out in the last few years?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

The 41-year rivalry continues

The long-awaited rivalry game of the season between the Lake Brantley Patriots and the Lake Mary Rams took place on Sep. 14 at the Lake Mary HIgh School campus.

School spirit was soaring on Sep. 14 with Patriots decked out in white to support the varsity football team for the long-awaited “Bake Mary” rivalry game against the Lake Mary Rams.  The team did their best to push through the game, but ultimately lost to their rival 35-2.   

The game had everyone on the edge of their seats all day with a lunchtime pep rally to drum up school spirit. In the evening, students drove to Lake Mary’s campus and packed into the stands to support their team. Even though the team was losing throughout the game, the student section managed to keep the pep and spirit alive, though the score did not turn out as hoped. The Rams took the lead for the entirety of the game with the Patriots only scoring 2 points. 

“I think what we really need to improve is just effort overall and knowing what we need to do so we can win games,” junior varsity player Julian Aponte-Rodriguez said. “And being disciplined is another thing we could do better.”

After the losses the team has experienced so far, many students are not hopeful for the remainder of the season, but some have kept their hope alive. “I think the boys will do the best of their ability and perform like I know they can given the hard schedule they received,” sophomore Cami Crowningshield said. “I am overall optimistic and excited to see what the rest of the season unfolds.”

“The student section never lost their spark and the band and dancers were top tier and energetic always,” senior Belen Infante said. “Even though the game was rough, the Brantley student section really knows how to bring it just like they always have. The loss of this game hit hard, but this school will never lose with school spirit.”