Thespian Districts Photo Story

On the morning of Friday, Nov. 17, the cast of the competing One Act, “Tracks,” meets up in the Lake Brantley auditorium to rehearse. The drama group ran through the performance and practiced moving the set on and off stage before it was packed into a rental truck.

Photo provided by: Lexy Adams

Photo provided by: Lexy Adams

Joelle Wittig, Staff Reporter

Photo provided by: Fernando Garcia

Theatre troupe 2888 eats breakfast at Cracker Barrel before going to Lyman High School to participate in the Thespian District Competition on Thursday, Nov. 16. Brantley’s drama program has had the annual tradition of going out to breakfast the morning of the first day of districts.

From Nov. 16-18, the Lake Brantley Thespian Society, Troupe 2888, attended a district competition. Prior to the competition, each thespian interested auditioned for his or her category or categories of choice. After careful thought, the drama teacher Laura Molloy chose a maximum of three performances from each category to continue rehearsing and move on to districts as an Individual Event. She then chose the cast for the One Act Play. The competition lasted three full days and those participating qualified for an excused activity absence from school Thursday, Nov. 16, and Friday, Nov. 17. On Saturday, Nov. 18, the competition came to a close and a closing ceremony took place to announce awards and who would continue to state competition.