Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

Which pair of teachers makes the cutest couple?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior week: a bittersweet end to an era
Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

April 30, 2024

Celebrating the honored graduates

Celebrating the honored graduates

April 12, 2024

Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia+Rodrigo+performs+a+track+from+her+newest+album%2C+GUTS.+
Olivia Rodrigo performs a track from her newest album, GUTS.

After her touring in 2022 for her album “SOUR”, Olivia Rodrigo dropped her sophomore album titled “GUTS” at just 20 years old. The album contained popular songs such as “lacy” and “vampire,” and fan favorites such as “pretty isn’t pretty” and “the grudge.” The GUTS World Tour had seventy-seven shows with multiple openers, including Chappell Roan and PinkPantheress. 

Excitement was unmatched when Ticketmaster opened up sales in September. Those who were lucky enough to score presale access had to pay an extra percentage to support Rodrigo’s chosen charity, the National Network of Abortion Funds. Fans who gained access were bound to see an amazing show While trying to avoid spoilers for specific details of the concert (such as the set list and stage design) on social media, fans, including me, waited anxiously for their show.

The show was better than I could have ever imagined. After Chappell Roan’s electrifying opening performance,  candles appeared on the screen. Rodrigo opened with “Bad Idea, Right?” and the cheers from the crowd echoed through the Kia Center. The way that Rodrigo paired the opening drums of the song with flashing strobe lights was perfect. After playing some of her bigger hits, such as “vampire” and “driver’s license”, Rodrigo strapped onto a moon-shaped float to travel around the stadium. It was beautiful to see an artist I have loved for years come so close to my section while singing “logical” and “enough for you.” She also played a song that was only released on one of four vinyl variants titled “obsessed.” Rodrigo closed the show with “get him back!” while confetti fell and lights flashed.

Soon after the Orlando show, Rodrigo announced “GUTS Spilled”, the deluxe edition of the original album, during a show in Chicago. The deluxe edition included five new songs, including the slower and sadder songs “stranger” and “scared of my guitar”. These songs beautifully represented Rodrigo’s relationship experiences since the end of her “SOUR” era. Also included were more upbeat songs such as “so american” and “girl i’ve always been”. The deluxe songs were the cherry on top of an already amazing album. 

Overall, Rodrigo rules the music industry with all of the strides she has made. With a nearly sold-out tour and a successful deluxe album release, she has paved the way for her future in the music industry.