Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

Would you consider taking the AP Capstone courses in the future?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Senior week: a bittersweet end to an era
Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

Girl’s lacrosse scores in team bonding

April 30, 2024

Celebrating the honored graduates

Celebrating the honored graduates

April 12, 2024

Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Photo provided by: Mackenzie Warren
Senior Austin Knight and Coach Allan Knight dressed up as each other for student/teacher swap day.

As the school year comes to an end so does that of the senior class’ final moments of high school. After four years of hard work and memories, the graduating class is celebrating their final weeks at the school with a special spirit week: Senior Week.

With events such as senior skip day, prom and Grad Bash, there have been many exciting events for the seniors to look forward to in the last weeks celebrating their high school experience. A week dedicated to dressing in a commemorative way was yet another one added to the list.

“To have a spirit week in my final weeks of high school is making me nostalgic about how much I have grown since the little freshman I once was,” senior Finn Grieger said. “I can’t wait to celebrate this week because I know it will be my last time.”

With five different senior-themed dress up concepts, the week is full of opportunities for students to honor their time as a student in a funny and unique way. With themes ranging from ‘dress like your younger self’ to ‘swap outfits with a beloved teacher’, seniors had a fun time with the silly spirit days.

“I enjoyed the [dress for your future college/career plans] theme because it made me more excited to see who else was going to [University of Central Florida],” senior Mase Gold said. “[I am] excited but scared. I’m ready for college, but I have all my exams first.”

Seniors experience several rite-of-passages throughout their concluding year of high school. From prom to graduation, many hallmark moments of a person’s life are part of the senior year experience. Students have spent hours getting ready, picking out the perfect dress or suit, making date plans and taking pictures.

“I am so excited for prom,” Grieger said. “It truly is a once in a lifetime experience and I am just so thrilled to hang out with my friends and have a good time.”

Senior Week is an appropriate send-off for the graduating class as they prepare for what’s to come. Following four years of making memories in high school, the prospect of heading into college and the world is daunting to some.

“It scares me,” Gold said. “I’ve been here for four years and now I’m being pushed into reality.”