Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

How often do you catch up on the news?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

The ultimate guide to a local spring break

Photo provided by: Nyla Black

Everyone knows those iconic main characters who go on fun, life-changing adventures, making the best of what they’ve got. What’s stopping you from doing the same? After three school quarters of hard work, spring break is like a taste of summer. The week-long break is liquid gold to any high schooler, so why not make the best of it? During spring break, some prefer to travel, while others prefer to stay closer to home. For the wallflowers of central Florida, there are plenty of amazing places to explore. 

In the Sanford/Orlando area, there are tons of hidden gems. For those who enjoy being outside in nature, Blue Springs Park and Gemini Springs are must-see’s, featuring clear, blue water and hundreds of manatees. Another beautiful park that is very close to home is Wekiva Springs State Park, which has long trails and fun water activities like kayaking and tubing.

If you’re more on the adventurous side, going to Bok Tower or the Tampa Aquarium can be a scenic one-day road trip. If you don’t mind getting a bit sandy, St. Pete, Ormond Beach, Coco Beach, New Smyrna Beach or Daytona Beach are all great options.

Nature destinations are not the only way to have fun, however. Exploring your creativity can be a great way to pass time and spend quality moments with your friends. A great place to do this is Pottery U Paint, a place in Altamonte Springs where you can personalize your own clay pieces as a group. If arts and crafts aren’t your thing, there are also many antique and thrift stores in the area, like Avalon Exchange and Orange Avenue Antique Market in Winter Park, or Wirewood Market in Altamonte Springs. 

But you can’t have a true adventure without some delicious food, and the Orlando/Sanford area has an abundance of enticing restaurants. In Winter Park you’ll find the Briarpatch Restaurant, located alongside scenic stores and bookshops, perfect for photos. In Casselberry, there is a local gem, Bagel King, with some of the best bagels and pastries you’ll ever taste. For the sweet tooths out there, you can never go wrong with milkshakes from Backyard Burger in Altamonte Springs or the Soda Fountain in Downtown Orlando. Central Florida has a plethora of tasty food destinations. 

As spring break draws closer, plans begin to come together. There are many things you can do to make the most of your week of relaxation, but these options will prove exceptionally rewarding for anyone in the Sanford/Orlando area.