Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

Which technology from “Back to the Future Part II”’s year 2015 would you most like to have?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

Your ultimate guide to the universe (A.K.A your college wardrobe)

College prep is in full swing, and I’m about to start swinging at my closet.
College+prep+is+hard+enough+without+having+to+worry+about+what+you%E2%80%99re+wearing.+Worry+less+with+a+full+comprehensive+guide+to+the+universe%2C+brought+to+you+by+the+women+in+my+life.+
Photo provided by: Madalyn Propst
College prep is hard enough without having to worry about what you’re wearing. Worry less with a full comprehensive guide to the universe, brought to you by the women in my life.

Throughout my four years of high school, I’ve prided myself on my wardrobe; it’s comprised entirely of thrifted, sustainably sourced brands, and because I haven’t downsized in four years, it is entirely too big to take with me to college. The whole process of downsizing has left me in tears on my closet floor more times than I’d care to admit, but throughout my time on the closet floor, I’ve reached out to almost every friend I have who’s moved away from home, which allowed me to formulate the all-encompassing guide to the universe (A.K.A your college wardrobe). 

The first rule is don’t bring too many shoes. You should have at most four pairs of shoes: one pair of boots, one pair of sneakers, one pair of heels, and shower shoes. You’ll be walking a lot and will prioritize comfort over fashion nearly every time. 

The second rule is that layering is your friend. You have very limited space in dorm room closets, so make sure you’re bringing pieces that you can layer to make at least ten outfits. Stock up on neutrals that you love – big hits are cotton tee shirts and thin tank tops. 

The third rule is that athleisure is your frenemy. It’s perfect for class and dredging your way across campus to that 8 a.m. class, but it also takes up a lot of space. You should absolutely bring your favorite sweatpants and crewnecks, but try to limit yourself to one or two of each. 

The fourth rule is that jackets are a must. I for one live in jackets. My coats and oversized denims are a staple of my wardrobe, but they are also a massive use of space, something that dorm rooms do not offer much of to begin with. Therefore, it is best to limit your collection to just two everyday coats. 

The fifth and final rule is that you should cycle out your clothes for the seasons. You’ll be going back and forth from home and your dorm during breaks, so take advantage of it. Bring your summer clothes when you move in, and cycle in your winter clothing when you go home for Thanksgiving break. 

Whatever you choose to bring, just make sure it’s a reflection of who you are. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable in what you bring with you into the next phase of your life, and as you learn and grow, so will your style.