Crazy Rich Asians

Photo provided by: digitalspy.com

Photo provided by: digitalspy.com

“Crazy Rich Asians”, a 2018 romance film, follows the average Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) as she travels to Singapore with her longtime boyfriend, Nick Young (Henry Golding) for his best friends wedding. When Chu learns that Young comes from a long line of wealthy and high class Singaporeans, her trip changes from a vacation, to a facade as she has to try and impress Young’s family in order to prove her love for him.

The writing for this film was decent, but the humor was very overdone. Some jokes that were funny the first time were overused throughout the whole film, which took away from the plot elements that should have been focused on. Other than the overused jokes, the writing fit nicely for the film.

The casting was perfect, and the acting was amazing, which was shown through the emotions and facial expressions the cast used. A lot of attractive guys were casted in this film, which aided the plot line through maintaining interest. The cinematography was gorgeous and aided each scene in emphasising the beauty of the rich lifestyles that the filmmakers were trying to show. The costumes in this film were gorgeous and high fashion, which made the lavish lifestyle in this film more desirable while also elevating the scenes. On top of that, the locations and sets that were used were amazing, as they clearly showed that the characters were living outrageous lifestyles. The wedding scene was breathtaking, as it was decorated in a classy way that portrayed wealth and respect.

This film was great with incorporating diversity, which many social media users loved. With an entertaining story line and gorgeous scenes, “Crazy Rich Asians” is a film that makes people want to live a lavish lifestyle.

About the Writer
Bridget Froemming, Multimedia Editor

Bridget Froemming is a senior and Multimedia Editor who is ecstatic to be contributing to The Brantley Banner for her second year. She is president of...