Inktober through the Images

Photography teacher Alex Garver collected the students Inktober pieces during the meeting on Friday, Oct.6 and captured a photograph of them for the Lake Brantley fine arts instagram. Garver actively posted student works from different prompts of the inktober list throughout the month.

Photo provided by: Miryam Elshaer

Photo provided by: Miryam Elshaer

Miryam Elshaer, Multimedia Editor

Inktober is a worldwide phenomena created by Jake Paul to challenge artists of different mediums to create primarily ink pieces for the month of October. Since the start of the trend in 2009 Jake Paul has released an annual prompt list at the start of October, artists are then required to interpret and create a piece based off this word.

Photo provided by: Miryam Elshaer
Sophomore Faith Lapp works on her Inktober piece during the National Art Honor Society meeting on Friday, Oct.6. Lapp preferred to enjoy markers for her ink medium and promptly joined the Honor Society.

About the Writer
Miryam Elshaer, Editor in Chief

Miryam Elshaer is a senior and is the Editor-in-Chief of the Brantley Banner. She has felt at home ever since discovering the journalism program at Lake Brantley during her freshman year. She enjoys to read, loves anything that has to do with history and English. Miryam is the president of National English Honor Society, Science National Honor Society, and Quill and Scroll Honor Society. She is also the historian of Mu Alpha Theta and a member of the school’s photography program. In her free time, she volunteers at Forest City Elementary School, and loves working and inspiring the younger students. Miryam is a vegetarian and enjoys going to concerts, art festivals and journaling in her free time.