Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

Should former President Trump be banned from social media?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

Fun in the sun with senior lunch

Photo provided by: Phoebe Lee
During the lunch, games such as cornhole and spikeball were available on the football field for seniors to play. Things got competitive as friends faced off against each other in intense matches.

Even though it is only the start of a new school year, it already feels like the end for plenty of seniors. For this year’s graduating class, this year is the last chance to radiate school spirit at pep rallies, attend homecoming or even go to a football game. This is why it is crucial to give seniors a plethora of opportunities to make the last year count. 

The first senior lunch was held on Friday, Sep. 15 on the football field during both lunches. Seniors were offered Chick-fil-A sandwiches, chips and Kona Ice. This was a time to let the seniors unwind and appreciate their leisure time before they commit to the rite of passage that is senior year.

“I enjoyed the time spent outside of classes with everyone I know and getting to interact with them,” senior Nathan Bedell said.

The senior lunch was planned by the senior class council with help from class sponsors Andrea Lesko and Molly Riggs. The seniors also partnered with parents in order to get donations to fund the event.

“Our junior class council graciously set up senior lunch for us the day of, but the senior class council and sponsors worked together to organize the event,” senior class president Olivia Childs said. “We worked with outside companies, such as Kona Ice and Chick-fil-A to provide food for students as well as received donations from parents. The event was a group effort and without each and every one of us it would not be possible.”

During a run-of-the-mill school day, it can be hard to talk to people you know because of a variety of potential complications, such as differing schedules or class locations. The senior lunch was able to help seniors with this problem by providing everyone time to simultaneously see each other and talk.

“I’m glad I have moments throughout the year, like senior lunch, because I am able to see friends that I’m not able to see on a daily basis,” senior Emma Haynes Higuera said.

The senior lunch gives seniors the break that they need. With graduation approaching fast, it will be hard for seniors to combat both stress and time in order to find time to simply relax and enjoy themselves. Nonetheless, seniors are persevering through the year and making the best of the time they have left by making as many memories as they can during their final year in high school.

“I feel nervous, but also excited for the next chapter of my life,” Bedell said.