Breaking News
  • 5/22 Graduation @ UCF Addition Financial Arena
  • 5/15 Seniors Last Day
  • 4/22 GRADBASH @ Universal
  • 4/17 Honor Grad Ceremony
  • 3/31 Senior Breakfast & Cap/Gown Pickup
  • 3/27 Senior Skip Day
  • 3/20 Senior Week: College School Spirit
  • 3/23 Senior Week: Throwback Thursday
  • 3/22 Senior Week: The Last Luau
  • 3/21 Senior Week: Twin Tuesday

Polls

What is your favorite Robin Williams movie?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Celebrating the honored graduates
Times up for TikTok?

Times up for TikTok?

April 11, 2024

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

Beach volleyball serves amidst the sand

April 9, 2024

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

Olivia Rodrigo spills her guts… again

April 8, 2024

Girls varsity volleyball serves up the season

Senior+Samantha+Bowron+hits+the+ball+over+the+net+during+a+game.+
Photo provided by: Madalyn Propst
Senior Samantha Bowron hits the ball over the net during a game.

The girls varsity volleyball team started their season in August and are on the way to the district playoffs on Oct. 17 and 19. The district playoffs could take the girls to regionals, and then possibly states. Since the team is in the number one spot heading into the district playoffs, they will start off by playing a lower seated team.

“Last year we made it to the final eight, and won the SAC Conference Championship and the District Championship,” coach Allan Knight said. “[This year] I am hoping [to] have everyone fully healthy as we go into the playoffs to make a run for states.”

If the girls beat their semifinal match on Oct. 17, they will play in the district championship on Oct. 19. Anticipating this, the girls are confident in their success. 

“Our team is strong because we all have a good bond with one another and that chemistry reflects onto the court and makes us stronger,” senior Austin Knight said. “We practice about two to three times a week for two hours each time.” 

After districts, the girls would move to the three rounds of regional play. If they win, they will go to the state final, but if they lose any one game in between, their season will be over. Beating the competition means a lot to the team because not only would it be a fun experience, but it would also help them professionally.

“I’m super excited for districts, I think we should do well,” junior Amina N’Diaye said. “I would like to maybe pursue volleyball as a career because right now I train with the national team, and it’s really an amazing experience and I think I would like to one day play professionally like that.” 

Winning the competition would also mean a lot to the Knight family, as this is Coach Knight’s daughter Austin’s last year on the team.

“Having my dad as a coach, these last four years wouldn’t have been the same if he wasn’t there by my side the whole way through,” senior Austin Knight said. “I’m really grateful for that.” 

Coach Knight, who has been coaching volleyball for twenty five years, had the opportunity to walk his daughter down the court on the girls’ senior night match against Masters Academy, which they proceeded to win 3-0. 

“It is great to see [Austin] grow in the program,” Coach Knight said. “She has put a lot of dedication into the team the past 4 years and we have a lot of good moments together.”